Because field trips and group tours are popular, we recommend that you schedule well in advance and have two possible dates when calling to make your reservation. Read below for group-visit options and information on field trips for youth.
The Appleton offers self-guided and docent-led group tours. We also welcome group visits from museum and tourism professionals, meeting planners, trade show organizers, and representatives from hotels, airlines and tour companies. Book your tour in advance to receive special group rates and bypass admission lines.
Self-Guided Group Tours
Your group can self-guide through the museum and download our free, award-winning mobile app to enhance your experience. It is not required to book a self-guided tour in advance, but is recommended. Contact AppletonMuseum@cf.edu for information and scheduling.
Docent-Led Group Tours
Guided tours are conducted by a trained docent or staff member and last approximately one hour. The Museum Collections tour introduces visitors to treasures from the permanent collection. Tours of special exhibitions are available as well. You can review current and upcoming exhibitions for possible topics. Contact AppletonMuseum@cf.edu for information and scheduling.
Group Admission Rates
The rates below apply to groups of 15 or more. Regular admission fees apply for groups of fewer than 15.
- Appleton Members: Free
- Adults: $8
- Seniors (Age 55+ Yrs): $6
- Educators with ID: $5
- University Students with ID: $5
- Youth (K-12): $3
- Youth (Pre-K): Free
- Group Bus Driver: Free
Payment for your group can be made in person the day of your scheduled tour.
Visitor Policies for All Group Visits
When planning your group tour, please keep in mind:
- Tour reservations should be made at least one month in advance.
- Wheelchair accessible entrances and elevators are available.
- Groups of 15 or more receive a 10% discount in the Appleton Store.
- Arriving more than 15 minutes late without notification may reduce the length of your tour.
- If your group has special needs or requests, notify the tour coordinator ahead of time.
- Special exhibition prices may vary and rates are subject to change.
- Cameras and video recorders are not permitted in special exhibitions unless otherwise noted. Please confirm with the tour coordinator whether or not photography of the special exhibitions on view is permitted at the time of your tour. Non-flash photography is permitted in the permanent collection galleries, outdoor spaces and public areas. Commercial photography and videography must be pre-arranged through Victoria Billig, email@example.com.
- Packages, large purses, backpacks and umbrellas are not permitted in the galleries. Please make arrangements to leave them in a secure location before entering the museum.
To notify of any scheduling changes or delays on the day of your visit, contact Visitor Services at 352-291-4455.
When planning your field trip or group tour for youth, please keep in mind:
- Grades K-3 require one adult chaperone for every five students; group size max. 30 students.
- Grades 4-12 require one adult chaperone for every 10 students.
- Chaperones must be adults (18+) and remain with students at all times.
- Name badges are required for all youth 14 and under.
- Food and drink are not permitted in the galleries. Schools may make arrangements in advance for indoor or outdoor spaces for bagged lunches.
- Pencils are the only writing implement permitted in the galleries.
The Appleton offers reimbursement to Marion County schools for field-trip transportation costs. To visit the Appleton and receive reimbursement for your travel costs, contact Hollis Mutch, 352-291-4455, ext. 1613, or firstname.lastname@example.org.